List Invitation Template

John Alan

List Invitation Template

Post by John Alan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:30 am

In older versions (i.e. 7.2.0) customising the List Invitation Message template was under Appearance and Templates -> Email Message Templates.

I'm struggling to find where to edit this on later version?

Thanks in advance!

dadamail
Site Admin

Re: List Invitation Template

Post by dadamail » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:39 pm

Unlike older versions, the list invite template isn't easily accessible, but it is a part of the email themes. So, if you're using the default theme, you'll find it under,

dada_mail_support_files/themes/email/default/dist/invite_message.html

It's not super easy to customize (be warned), but it's not too hard to replace. Here's the link you want to make sure is somewhere in your custom template:

Code: Select all

<!-- tmpl_var S_PROGRAM_URL -->/subscribe_landing/<!-- tmpl_var list_settings.list -->/<!-- tmpl_var subscriber.email_name -->/<!-- tmpl_var subscriber.email_domain -->/
Justin J
Creator, Dada Mail

John Alan

Post by John Alan » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:25 am

Thanks!

John Alan

Post by John Alan » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:36 pm

Just to add to this... it was very easy to replace this template with my own, however the process of accepting the invite seems 1 step too long.

In accepting the invite, which is emailed to the recipient, this triggers the subscription process which, if double opt-in is enabled, then sends out a confirmation email, which then needs to be clicked on to finalise the subscription.

Since it came from an emailed invitation, perhaps there should be an option somewhere to make invitation acceptances instant sign-ups (akin to clicking on the confirmation link in a double opt-in email), rather than triggering the double opt-in?

dadamail
Site Admin

Post by dadamail » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:58 pm

Absolutely agree. But it's designed the way it's designed to follow the letter of the law for GDPR, so far that I can understand it.

https://dadamailproject.com/d/gdpr_guid ... nvitations
Justin J
Creator, Dada Mail

John Alan

Post by John Alan » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:49 pm

You're still getting explicit consent... the owner of the email address gets the invite and accepts it. So, as I read it (an I'm no lawyer :twisted: ) that's all the consent you need.

I was under the impression that the primary use for double opt-in system is to prevent someone signing up an email address that's not theirs. An emailed invite negates that, surely?

Maybe an option for invites to be instant signups and let list owners take the risk(?) themselves? :twisted:

dadamail
Site Admin

Post by dadamail » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:08 pm

John Alan wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:49 pm
You're still getting explicit consent... the owner of the email address gets the invite and accepts it. So, as I read it (an I'm no lawyer :twisted: ) that's all the consent you need.
"Consent" has a specific meaning in GDPR/Dada Mail,

https://dadamailproject.com/d/gdpr_guid ... under-GDPR

and an invite that just has a button to click wouldn't give the would-be subscriber a chance to explicitly consent to anything specific.
Maybe an option for invites to be instant signups and let list owners take the risk(?) themselves? :twisted:
Contact me personally and we can chat about development.
Justin J
Creator, Dada Mail