image size as percentage

ross

image size as percentage

Post by ross » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:38 pm

Is there anyway to set the size of images to a percentage instead of a fixed width?

I use the auto-resize option (usually at 480px), but depending on the device, the image may still be too big. And if I set it to smaller size it's way too small for desktop reading.

90% width would be great. Any way to achieve this?

dadamail
Site Admin

Re: image size as percentage

Post by dadamail » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:37 pm

The image resize option in Dada Mail (under Mass Mailing: Options) actually resizes the file itself, so it's smaller to send out.

You sound like you want to do a different concept: resize by context by a percentage. That may be something that you can achieve using CSS.

The email themes Dada Mail is shipped with should resize the images to fit in the container, no matter the screen (ie: they should be responsive) already
Justin J
Creator, Dada Mail

ross

Post by ross » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:25 pm

Responsive. Yes - that's what I want.
The email themes Dada Mail is shipped with should resize the images to fit in the container,
Do you mean e.g. mailing_list_message.html

in dada_mail_support_files/themes/email/default/dist/ ?

I used this as the starting point for my own template but the images are static, according to the size specified in the image resize option.

ps I'm subscribed to this thread now so it won't be months before I reply again...

dadamail
Site Admin

Post by dadamail » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:24 am

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Perhaps images are given a specific class. You may have to base your changes on the Foundation for Emails workflow,

https://dadamailproject.com/d/features- ... s.pod.html
Justin J
Creator, Dada Mail