I have set up a private mailing list as a discussion list. Two profile fields are defined. The List Owner sends invites to new subscribers. The profile fields are populated by the list owner, so there is nothing left to do for the subscriber.
- The subscriber gets an invite message. The message contains a link "Confirm subscription to [list-name]".
- Clicking the link in the invite message confirms the subscription. Done. (Optional: a confirmation/welcome message can be sent)
- The subscriber gets an invite message. The message contains a link "Subscribe to [list-name]".
- Clicking the link in the invite message sends the subscriber to the subscribe_landing page (which tells them again that this is an invite-only list) where they need to click a link to confirm the subscription (they can also modify the profile field info on this page; BTW: the data fields show empty although they have been pre-populated by the List Owner)
- This sends another email asking the subscriber again whether they are "Ready to join [list-name]?"
- When that link is clicked, the subscription is finally confirmed.
Is this something that can be fixed in the settings?
Thanks for your help!