Line breaks in PlainText mail

General Questions Line breaks in PlainText mail

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Brad 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brad

I am trying to send PlainText-only mail with line breaks like this:

Thursday, October 11[manual line break]
    Van Cortlandt Lodge[manual line break]
    Official Visit of the District Deputy Grand Master[manual line break]
    Collation 7:00, Gavel 8:00[manual line break]

Friday October 12[manual line break]
    Briarcliff Lodge[manual line break]
    “Jacques DeMolay and the Knights Templar” by Bro. Swann[manual line break]
    Gavel 7:30

And the way it gets delivered, no matter what “Layout” option I choose including “No Layout,” always jams the successive lines together like this:

Thursday, October 11 Van Cortlandt Lodge Official Visit of the District Deputy Grand Master Collation 7:00, Gavel 8:00

Friday October 12 Briarcliff Lodge “Jacques DeMolay and the Knights Templar” by Bro. Swann Gavel 7:30

Now, how do I write a PlainText email, and get it to look like I want, without successive lines being jammed together, when I manually put line breaks in the editor to separate the lines?

#641 Reply

Brad

The version I am running is 11.2.0 Stable 09/04/18

I see from another thread that this bug or something like it was fixed in 11.1.3, was it unfixed in 11.2.0, do I need to install 11.1.3 to get this to work?

#655 Reply

dadamail

I copied/pasted the content you posted and sent a PlainText mass mailing – looks good:

here’s my Mass Mailing Options

What OS are you running on your computer?

#658 Reply

Brad

Justin, thanks for the quick reply.

I turned off the “Convert PlainText” option as you’ve done, it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Line breaks in PlainText mail
Your information: